Upsoni, LLC is committed to protecting the privacy of our customers.
Our operations and servers are distributed internationally, and all of our operations adhere to this policy.
A "customer" is anyone that uses the products or services that we provide
Your personal details may be collected and processed when you order, purchase, register, subscribe or make
use of any of our products or services.
In addition, when you visit any of our websites or use any of our digital applications, we also collect website and
application usage information (which may include your reading
history and any advertisements you may have viewed), and information about your computer or other digital device
and your internet connection. This includes your computer's or digital device's IP address, the type and version of
browser and operating system you use, your IP address and, if you visited via a link from another website, the
URL of the linking page.
This information is collected to help us:
- fulfil orders
- manage your registration preferences
- send you notifications
- personalise web content and advertising based on your personal characteristics or preferences
- ensure, as far as is practical, that our websites and applications are compatible with the browsers and operating systems used by most of our visitors
- secure our websites
- conduct customer satisfaction surveys
And, if you allow us to*, we may also:
- tell you about additional products and services
- tell you about other promotional activities within the Upsoni websites or with other companies with
whom we have a relationship
- invite you to participate in market research and surveys
We also use your information for in-house research and analysis. This helps us to:
- improve our understanding of customer needs
- create marketing profiles
- support strategic development
To enable us to conduct research we may share your information with third party suppliers employed to help.
All results of any research and analysis will be anonymised or aggregated information and will not reveal
any personal details of individual customers.
A cookie is a small file which is placed on your hard drive when you visit any of the Upsoni websites
(directly or via our applications). We use information from cookies for purposes which may include:
- identifying returning users, registrants and subscribers
- eliminating the need for returning users to re-enter their login details
- enabling you to move more easily around our sites and applications
- tracking customers use of our sites to better their preferences
- building up an anonymous profile based on your browsing patterns across our sites, applications and third party websites, which enables us to make advertisements and content available to you that is more relevant to your interests
You can remove cookies from your hard drive if you choose to. If you do remove cookies related to Upsoni websites,
you can lose personalization or authentication information related to Upsoni websites.
You can visit Upsoni websites using a browser without cookies enabled, but some functionality may be limited or
You can also choose whether you wish us to collect cookie information for these purposes using the settings
in your browser, as further explained at http://www.cookiecentral.com.
Emails, RSS, Twitter and other Communications
We only contact you using channels, for example email or Twitter, that you have chosen for us to
contact you with. We do not share your contact information with third parties without your permission.
Upsoni may deliver advertisements using third party providers as well as distributing our own advertisements. Each third party
Our websites may contain links to external sites. Upsoni is not responsible for the privacy policies, content,
availability, or security of any external sites.
Upsoni attempts to protect your privacy and ensure your personal details are not misused, accidentally destroyed,
lost or altered while in our control.
Occasionally we share your details with other companies whose work with use requires access to the data
(eg consultants or fulfilment companies). They are only permitted to process your data with
explicit permission from Upsoni.
International transfer of personal data
As the Internet is a global environment, collecting and processing personal information may involve the transmission
of this data internationally. Therefore, by communicating electronically
with us you acknowledge and agree to your personal data being processed in this way.
Children under 13
Upsoni does not intentionally collect any personal information from individuals under the age of 13. When necessary,
users below age 13 will be told not to submit any personal details and we will make every effort to delete any details of
such users where a parent or guardian has informed us that these details have been collected.
practice or changes in our services. These changes will be reflected in this statement, so you should check here from
time to time.
Last updated 10 January 2013